Thursday, October 22, 2009

resolving work with cloth and stitch

here i am back in portland maine at the maine college of art and enjoying every minute of working on my BFA in the printmaking department. printing goes well with cloth and stitch. i am a real novice with a alot of printmaking techniques, so i fret about making my work look like a printmakers work 'should' look. at heart i am a textile or embroidery artist...so, after haggling with my 30 day project, i came up with this idea as a beginning. i am really happy with it. i printed on muslin with coffee grinds. i ran the printed text thru my inkjet on kettle cloth backed with freezer paper. folks in the department were really curious about my techniques. i am breathing a sigh of relief about integrating what i love with printmaking.






No comments: